Do you have a voracious appetite for all things news? Do you consume
all your news and videos on the Internet? Do you understand that
serious and hilarious or intelligent and viral content is not
mutually exclusive? Are you totally plugged in to the news scene via
Twitter and Facebook?
Carbonated.TV is hiring exceptional
Content Editors to join its editorial team working either remotely or
from our San Ramon office. This is a part-time position for 30 hours
a week with the potential for full-time.
Carbonated.TV writers have some of the most interesting,
provocative voices in the new media today and are comfortable writing
across a spectrum of topics and formats. Our writers are household
names in their own right, telling the stories that make Carbonated.TV
an industry-wide news leader for a mobile generation.
You'll work directly alongside our editorial section leaders to
help create, write and share thoughtful stories that reach millions
of people each month. The Content Editor will need to be an
experienced writer who understands why young people share content
online. You'll be in charge of writing multiple news stories per week
and be expected to stay on top of the news throughout the day. You'll
use analytics to identify news trends, cultural conversations and big
- Must have 1-2 years previous experience at a high-volume online publication or news outlet
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English or something similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely good grammar and an expert understanding of AP style
- Thorough understanding of SEO, web copy right issues, web research
- Comfortable working in a high energy startup environment
- Create clickable, sharable, and search engine friendly headlines
- Optimize content for social media pick up
- Post content to various social media sites in a timely manner
- Manage and edit posts for Carbonated.TV on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other social platforms
- Utilize relevant analytics tools to monitor traffic on site
- Thorough proofreading
- Ability to juggle several projects at one time
- Independent thinking and action with decisions on the content
- Must be a team player
Senior Sales Manager
Carbonated.TV is a unique software development and services company that utilizes open source and traditional software tools to implement projects for Fortune 500 firms and startup companies. We boast a marquee track record of innovative and successful project implementations at numerous name brand Fortune 500 companies.
Carbonated.TV invites you to join our dynamic team as Senior Sales Manager and become a part of this exciting growth. We seek an individual with a proven track record of stellar sales in the consulting and services arena. A strong and identifiable list of c-level contacts and leads within the Fortune 500 arena combined with a history of excelling and over achieving sales targets are essential requirements for this position. In this Sales Management role, your mission is to exclusively cultivate new business while having
- Developing a client base while meeting sales revenue and profit goals
- Establishing account presence and building trust with key contacts
- Winning long term consulting and software development contracts in diverse verticals
- Developing and executing effective marketing campaigns in reaching top level executives
- Becoming a key member of Carbonated.TV's sales team responsible for demand generation, lead qualification, and overall account penetration strategy
- Develop account maintenance and enhancement strategies
- 3-5 years of a proven sales track record in acquiring software development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in making presentations to C-level or technical audiences
- Effective sales, marketing and project management skills
- Strong business development and prospecting skills
- High energy and entrepreneurial
- Strong desire to develop new business contacts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- CRM, CMS & ERP applications knowledge a plus
- MBA a plus
To be part of the team that has a proven track record in the industry offering competitive benefits, development, training and resources get in touch with Carbonated.TV!
If interested, please send us a WORD Copy of your resume to email@example.com
Start Date: Immediate
Director of Audience Development
Position Description: Carbonated, the leading online television network, is hiring an Audience Development Manager to lead its efforts in growing viewership to the company's 20 entertaining and informative episodic shows. This position will be responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with the company's extensive distribution platform, developing and implementing paid and organic search campaigns, and building successful viewership campaigns on video sharing sites.
The candidate needs to be a digital media pro with proven ability to grow visits, depth and repeat frequency viewership by optimizing and leveraging traditional search engines and social media sites. This position will lead and implement a digital media strategy that includes social media, YouTube, Google, along with over the top and traditional television destinations. In addition the ideal candidate needs to be able to think conceptually and strategically, but also be willing to roll up their sleeves and execute themselves.
- Develop and execute a content distribution strategy to increase awareness of Carbonated, and to drive viewers and traffic to our site and to our partners
- Manage Relationships with Current Distribution Partners
- Design, Develop and Implement SEO, SEM, YouTube and other Optimization models
- Update and tweak content on partner sites daily
- Identify, Negotiate and implement New Distribution Partnerships
- Develop and Maintain Social Networking and Audience Relationships
- Build out and Expand Carbonated Street Team
- Manage Reporting for Distribution Partners
- Create and execute a solid blogger and webmaster outreach program in order to drive traffic and viewers to Carbonated.com and to our partners
- Develop and execute link exchange and cross-promotion programs with other sites and shows
- Use the web analytic tools to analyze and report on the results of these efforts
- Act as the internal champion for our partners
- Implement and Execute paid arbitrage model to drive views across sites
- Build out horizontal and vertical distribution network
- Five to Seven years experience in digital media, preferably in a client-side digital content business.
- 1-3 years experience in search engine marketing, with a concentration on organic and paid
- A superstar with demonstrated success in cost effectively increasing traffic to digital properties.
- Extremely knowledgeable and proven experience in the use of Social Media, Social Network and Blogs for the distribution of digital medial content.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to balance creative thinking with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or similar required, MBA preferred.
Carbonated is currently seeking one more qualified intern for immediate consideration. Our internship program provides students with a professional, career-related, meaningful work experience in an exciting and forward-looking environment. Here's what we're looking for:
- Assist VP of Programming as needed
- Research potential show acquisitions
- Locate and do qualitative study on whether an existing show should be considered for acquisition
- Research production entities doing current internet-based shows
- Assemble and analyze regular view (ratings) information on existing Carbonated shows
- Help develop programming strategy
- Highly motivated and independent; a self-starter
- Tech savvy with strong and extensive knowledge of pop culture and the internet
- Plugged in to what is brand new and cool in the online space
- TV Production or Communications major preferred, but not required
- Experience in television or internet video production and programming
To qualify, you must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and actively pursuing a related degree or credential. Applicants must be able to commit to at least 18 hours per week and a 3 month term.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org