Oscar de la Renta, a designer famous within Hollywood and the American socialite circles, has passed away at the age of 82. His death is attributed to complications from cancer, which he fought for the past eight years.
He is remembered as a red carpet king, dressing famed stars such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Emma Watson and Amy Adams. Most recently, he designed Amal Alamuddin-Clooney’s wedding gown, which took the media by storm. He has also helped dress four former first ladies.
There’s no denying his talent when it comes to dresses. Whether he has gone for royal regality or something flawlessly feminine, here’s a list of some of his most iconic dresses he has helped grace into fashion.
1) Actress Felicity Huffman models a design for the Heart Truth Red Dress collection.
2) In 2010, Oprah Winfrey arrives on the red-carpet wearing an Oscar de la Renta gown, in the arms of the designer himself.
3) Here you can see George Clooney’s bride, Amal Alamuddin-Clooney, as happy as a princess, being fitted for her wedding dress while the designer looks on.
4) Singer Rihanna wears a piece to the Brit Awards 2011 from the designer's spring collection of the same year.
5) The style icon herself, Carrie Bradshaw played by actor Sarah Jessica Parker, wears her character’s favorite designer in an episode of Sex and the City.
6) Growing out of her Hermione shell, actress Emma Watson wowed her fans in a black Oscar de la Renta gown at the premier of Noah.
7) The doe-eyed, not-so-new-girl anymore Zoey Deschanel projects a flowery Oscar de la Renta gown in perfect fauna at the Vanity Fair Oscar after Party 2014.