Smoothie bowls are arguably the prettiest breakfast (or even healthy dessert alternative) you've ever seen.
Let's start with the base: blend together frozen fruit, such as bananas, mangoes, or acai, with a liquid, like coconut milk, juice, or almond milk. Add avocado or peanut butter to make it more filling. For the toppings, get creative. Sprinkle on sliced bananas or strawberries. Throw on some granola, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut flakes, maybe even chia seeds. Then drizzle a bit of honey to counteract any tartness.
There are so many different smoothie bowl combinations and recipes to try out that it'll make you feel like you're in an endless summer.
For inspiration, check out some of these smoothie bowls that are too gorgeous to eat (but probably tasted delicious anyway).
1. Keep it color-coded with a green base and sliced kiwis and cucumbers.
2. Sprinkle a variety of bite-sized berries to freshen up your smoothie bowl (if that's even possible).
3. For a more indulgent treat, add cacao nibs.
4. Halved passion fruit will transport you, or at least your taste buds, to a tropical beach.
5. Apples aren't just a fall and winter fruit.
6. Smoothie bowls are a great way to sneak in some more fibrous greens, such as kale or spinach.
7. Chopped nuts will help keep you fuller, longer.
8. Even if you don't cut it into stars, dragonfruit is a great smoothie bowl addition.
9. Have you had a more colorful breakfast?
10. Forgo a bowl altogether, and serve your smoothie in a halved pineapple.
11. Feel free to go wild with fresh fruit.
12. If you do decide to add flowers, make sure they're edible first.
Has breakfast ever tasted or looked this good?
Thumbnail/banner image credit: www.berries.com