Russian President Vladimir Putin is in the news due to all the wrong reasons yet again and this time because of his sexist comment involving Hillary Clinton! In an interview with French television, while responding to Clinton’s earlier remarks comparing his actions to Hitler, Putin said, "It's better not to argue with women. But Mrs. Clinton has never been too graceful in her statements."
Politically motivated? Yes. But note what he goes on to say in the same interview, "When people push boundaries too far, it's not because they are strong but because they are weak. But maybe weakness is not the worst quality for a woman." What exactly are you trying to say here Mr. Putin?
It makes us wonder what other leading politicians around the world think about women and we found some shocking statements out there. Here are our top five sexist comments by politicians which will make even someone as notorious for sexism as Patrick Bateman shake his head in disbelief:
5. "I'm going to treat you like a lady...now act like one." – late U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter
4. “You are more beautiful than intelligent.” – Former Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi
3. "She lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself." – Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner on Michelle Obama’s butt
2. “Why do women need phones? If you have given phones to them, take them back.” – Indian politician Rajpal Saini
1. "This place is full of sluts!" UK Independence Party member Godfrey Bloom while addressing a female conference
Wow, are we really living in the 21st century?