The Transit of Venus has always fascinated people. Especially those, who have been able to witness this amazing and rare event that will not happen again for more than 100 years.
Image from: Nasa.gov
We only get two transits of Venus about every 120 years, when the planet passes directly between the Earth and the Sun so that its passage can be observed from the Earth. It appears to pass across the face of the Sun. These transits come in pairs at eight years apart. There have been 53 transits since 2000 B.C. but only six have been witnessed since the invention of the telescope in 1608. The last transit of Venus was in 2004, and the next one will be in 2117.
Watch Transit of Venus 2012
The transit of Venus across the sun has always fascinated scientists and astrologers as they feel it brings a lot of changes and opportunities. These transits helped early astronomers in deriving accurate measurement of the size of the solar system.
Image from: Openculutre
For the astrologers, Venus is a planet that celebrates man's desire for the good things in life, like love and relationships.
Let’s see what astrology says:
Juliana Rose Teal, "I believe that we will be given the opportunity to become aware of who we are within our relationships, and if we are bringing our true self into our relationships. The energy of this eclipse also provides with the ability to bring balance within our relationships as well,"
Dark Astrology ,“our love lives enter a fated period where we may relive past life experiences in order to sort out karmic issues. Old friends or lovers may reappear and there may be more difficulty in giving and receiving love and affection“.
NandanaNamaSamvatsara has been more specific:
- Heads of governments will take unilateral decisions and this will cause some unrest among cabinet ministers and officials.
- Alcoholism will increase.
- Domination of women will increase in administration of many countries and states.
- Favoritism, corruption and lack of responsibility will increase among officials.
- Governments will design new welfare schemes, which look good on paper but will fail during implementation.
- Accidents, street fights will increase and general unrest will prevail in public over administration and also on their personal lives.
- Change of religion will become a profitable business in many parts of the world.
- USA, Japan, China will face natural calamities and suffer major losses.
Historical events said to be a direct consequence of this celestial phenomenon are said to be as follows:
During the first such transit period from 1631-1639, Galileo declared that the Sun and not the Earth was the centre of the Universe!
It was in 1769 that Captain James Cook set off to record the transit that occurred that year and subsequently chartered the east coast ofAustralia staking a British claim in 1770.
And it was during 1874 to 1882 that there were huge leaps in technology; electricity for public use and the telephone, light bulb and recording equipment were all invented.
So what can happen now? Only time will tell…