Britain is officially on baby watch with Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton awaiting the imminent arrival of their first child who will be third in line to the throne.
With the due date looming, the duchess stopped official duties last month while Prince William, a helicopter search-and-rescue pilot and grandson of Queen Elizabeth, is on standby at an air force base in north Wales to rush back to London.
The couple have remained vague about the exact date the baby is due other than to say mid-July and the arrival will be announced in a combination of the traditional and modern - via Twitter, websites and with a notice outside Buckingham Palace.
1. The baby would be known by its given name and would have the title His or Her Royal Highness Prince/Princess of Cambridge.
2. The baby is to be born in the private Lindo wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London where Prince William was born in 1982.
3. Prince William, second in the line to the throne, plans to be there for his first child.
4. The baby will be third in line to the throne, pushing Prince Harry into the fourth place in the royal list.
5. The first indication that the baby is on its way will be the announcement to the media that the Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted to the hospital in the early stages of labor.
6. Kate will carry her "maternity notes and birth plan" with her when she checks in at the hospital.
7. For the announcementof the birth, a royal aide will emerge from the hospital with a signed bulletin on foolscap-sized paper carrying the Buckingham Palace letterhead. The bulletin will be given to an official who will be driven to the palace, where it will be posted on an easel in public view in front of the building. At the same time the bulletin is posted, there will be an announcement on Twitter and the media will be formally notified. The document will have the baby's gender, weight and time of birth.
8. Do you know, there a list of Royal Baby’s connection to various celebrities as well! It goes something like this:
The Royal baby and Blue Ivy will be cousins! That means 23rd cousin twice-removed (to be precise) with Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter!
He/she will also be 11th cousins with children of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner
That’s not all, the baby will also be 26th cousins with children of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Celine Dion (26th cousins thrice-removed), Maggie Gyllenhaal (20th cousins twice-removed0 and Uma Thurman (22nd cousins) as well!
9. Following the newborn's arrival, William will take a two-week paternity leave before resuming his Royal Air Force duties.
10. The baby is set to go on a trip with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on a spring 2014 royal baby tour.