Edward Snowden, ex-CIA agent who provided the top secret documents to some news organizations like regarding the existence of a data-mining program codenamed PRISM is considered as a hero for some and a traitor for others.
The leaks have exposed some really important facts and realities about U.S. secret surveillance which may turn out to be acts of espionage by the American government.
But Snowden, who’s now known worldwide as the NSA contractor also, had a past, a very geeky one. He does not appear to be otherwise active on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter but the website of Ryuhana Press, a defunct start-up that sold anime art, offers a glimpse of Snowden as a youth.
So, here’s a list of things you did not know about Edward Snowden. Check out:
1. Edward Snowden is a high school dropout.
2. Edward Snowden was obsessed with Japanese culture and anime.
a. He worked for a Japanese anime company Run by friends in Maryland when he was 18 years old where he wrote of his skills with video games and popularity with women.
b. Snowden went by nicknames, "The True HOOHA" and "Phish" on online forums.
c. He liked martial arts.
3. He thought his shape was girlish.
On his profile he joked about attracting 'nubile young girls' with his 'girlish figure.'
4. Snowden spoke in hacker slang while referring to his 'lamer friends' (non-hackers)
He wrote, “I like my lamer friends. That's the best biography you'll get out of me, coppers!”
5. He regularly posted on ArsTechnica, a tech and IT, over the last ten years.
6. Snowden broke both of his legs during his army training.
Screen shot arstechnica.com
7. Snowden used to post photo collages of fake hip hop albums produce by the non-existent record label 'Pimp Daddy Records.'
8. Snowden’s ex-girlfriend back in 2003 was the most amazing girl he ever dated.
He wrote: “My [ex?] girlfriend is the most amazing girl I’ve ever dated. She’s one of those who even wanted it more than me.”
Here’s a photo of Edward Snowden dancing in 2002.
These were a few things that we didn’t know about the geeky anime who ended up to be an NSA Leaker. If there’s anything else you want to add in over here then please share in the comments section below.