Lawsuit: Trump Camp Did Nothing After Director Pulled Gun On Staffer

by
Carol Nisar
On Wednesday, a former Trump campaign employee sued the campaign and the then-state director of North Carolina for assault, battery, and emotional distress.

donald trump

The Donald Trump campaign’s former North Carolina state director allegedly “pulled a gun” on a Trump staff member in February, but walked away scot-free. That may be about to change with a new lawsuit filed this week.

Earl Phillip, previously Trump’s North Carolina state director, along with the entire Trump campaign, is being sued by former Trump employee Vincent Bordini for “assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.” Threatening to shoot someone by pulling out a gun and forcing it onto their body is no joke.

Bordini previously worked as a software trainer for the Trump campaign. According to Mic, Bordini said that just before the South Carolina state primary, the then-director “produced a pistol, put his right index finger on the trigger, and drove the barrel into [his] knee cap” on February 13.

According to the lawsuit filed Wednesday, Politico reported that Phillip pulled out a .45 caliber pistol while driving with Bordini in his Jeep and pressed it into his knee. The pistol was allegedly loaded with the safety off. 

The suit continued, "Once the initial shock wore off, Vincent said, ‘What the f--- are you doing?’ Phillip put the gun away as if nothing had happened. Phillip drove on and didn’t talk about it again. Petrified, Vincent kept his mouth shut.”

Bordini said he told three different Trump campaign officials about this frightening incident, but they ignored his distress.

He even reported it to then-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who, according to the lawsuit, “said that he took Vincent’s complaint seriously.” But, Bordini said, “Upon information and belief, Lewandowski did nothing to correct Phillip’s brazen behavior. He certainly didn’t suspend or terminate him.” Phillip continued working for the campaign as usual, which is an absolute outrage if Bordini's claims are true. 

William Harding, an attorney for Phillip, told Reuters that the allegations were “preposterous.” Harding continued, “If someone brandished a weapon on me or assaults me, I’m going to go to the appropriate law enforcement officer.”

In a not-so-coincidental twist, Phillip, however, resigned from the campaign on Thursday, a day after the lawsuit was filed by Bordini. The Trump campaign did not offer any comments regarding the incident to Reuters.

In the complaint, Bordini stated that at least four other people working for the Trump campaign had similar run-ins with Phillip and his gun, but, again, no action was taken against him to suspend or fire him. 

Read More: Man Says He Will Take Trump 'To The Shed', But Also Vote For Him

Photo credit: Reuters

Carbonated.TV