Another Teen Dies Playing the 'Choking Game'

Adolescent and teen deaths caused by "games" involving asphyxiation are still happening at an alarming rate here in the U.S. Thirteen year old David Chavis of Greensboro, North Carolina was found dead in his bedroom hanging from a cloth noose on his bunk bed when his parents went to check on him during dinner preparations. The family is speaking out to educate parents about these deadly choking games (also known as fainting games, black-out games, pass out games, or American dreams) and to prevent the loss of more children to these games which cause seizures, brain damage, and other health problems. For more information about the prevalence of these games and warning signs to look out for, visit the non-profit website GASP (Games Adolescents Shouldn't Play) at
View Comments

Recommended For You

Organic Right Rail Article Thumbnails

People Also Read.