Boston Marathon Bomb Suspects Are Brothers, One Dead, Another At Large PHOTOS, VIDEOS, UPDATE

by
hira
Over the past 9 hours, there has been a huge manhunt on the streets of Waterfront, Boston. The manhunt was on for the two suspects which the FBI had released photos for last night, for the Boston Marathon bombing.

One Suspect In Boston Bombing Dead, Manhunt Underway For Second Suspect

Over the past 9 hours, there has been a huge manhunt on the streets of Waterfront, Boston. The manhunt was on for the two suspects which the FBI had released photos for last night, for the Boston Marathon bombing.

The bomb at the Boston Marathon on Sunday claimed three lives, and wounded more than a 170 people.

Authorities had tracked the suspects, of whom the photos were widely circulated to Watertown, Boston.

This is what we know from the scene which is still unfolding in Boston:

Police began the manhunt on Thursday after a MIT campus police officer was shot at the university campus. The two suspects were involved in a carjacking, apparently in a bid to get out of town. They stole a car and threw bombs and traded gunfire as the police chased them around. An officer was shot dead, another was wounded.

The gunfire also resulted in one of the suspects being killed, while the other escaped.

The authorities have identified the two as brothers, 19 and 26 years of age, originating from Chechnya near Russia. According to AP,"A law enforcement intelligence bulletin obtained by the AP identified the surviving bomb suspect as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old who had been living in Cambridge, just outside Boston, and said he "may be armed and dangerous."

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, The ‘White Hat’ 19 Year Old Boston Marathon Bomber (PHOTOS)

According to the latest, the police are asking people to stay indoors and the safety of the people remain the first priority of the Boston PD.

Throughout this manhunt which is well into its 10th hour, the Boston police has been in contact with people via their twitter account and frequent TV addresses. 

There is currently a door-to-door search for the suspect at large which is on-going. While the boston PD has asked people to remain in-doors. The businesses for the areas have also been shut down for the day in the area of Waterfront and around Boston.

All public transit in Boston has been suspended. The people have been asked to stay indoors, behind locked doors and to not open the doors for anyone but the police.

“This is a serious situation,” said Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts.

You can keep yourself updated on Twitter by following Boston, as well as the Boston PD’s Twitter account.

You can also follow the Reddit’s stream of live updates from Boston here

All of Boston has been asked to stay at home, reports Breaking News. Previously the area Watertown, Belmont, Waltham, Newton, Cambridge and Brookline. No vehicle traffic is allowed in Watertown, while all of MBTA is shut down until further notice.

This is a developing story.

Carbonated.TV