Brave 5-Year-Old Leads Blind Grandmother To Safety During House Fire

by
Cierra Bailey
A Louisiana 5-year-old is being hailed as a hero after her quick thinking saved her grandmother's life when their home unexpectedly caught fire.

Cloe Woods, 5, might just be America’s youngest hero as she has been credited with saving her blind grandmother from their burning home on Wednesday.

Recommended: Playing Video Games Saved This Kid And His Grandpa's Lives

Cloe Woods

The family’s stove caught fire which set off the smoke alarm. Upon hearing the alarm, Cloe reportedly jumped out of bed and ran to her grandmother’s room.

“She told my mom to hold her shoulder and that they had to get out of the house,” Cloe’s mother, who was out of the home with her older children at the time of the blaze, told WWL-TV.

A GoFundMe page, which was set up to help the family in the wake of the crisis, says that Cloe’s grandmother wanted to try finding her shoes before exiting the home, but Cloe insisted that they get out immediately. Once they were safely out of the house, she went to neighbors for help.

Cloe reportedly knew exactly what to do because she attended a field trip with her pre-K class last year to the local fire department in Kenner, Louisiana.

Brittany Gaillot, Cloe’s teacher, said the firemen told the students that if their home ever catches fire they need to get out of the house, and that’s exactly what Cloe did.

While the family has been displaced and suffered property loss, they are all safe and sound. Material items are replaceable, but life is precious. Thanks to quick-thinking Cloe, she and her grandmother are alive today. 

Read More: These Young Boys Risked Their Lives To Save Babies From Fire

Banner Photo Credit: Twitter @donovanmyrie

Carbonated.TV