Donald Trump is currently facing a barrage of sexual assault allegations, including one from a woman who claims the Republican presidential nominee raped her multiple times back in 1994. The accuser, who chooses to go by pseudonym Jane Doe, was 13 at the time.
Since there is little that is known about this particular accuser, many doubt her credibility. However, people hoped that would change with the woman’s first press conference.
Sadly, the event was called off just as it was scheduled to start.
The reason: The accuser had received numerous death threats throughout the day and decided against revealing her identity.
Lisa Bloom cancels press conference said Jane Doe against Trump accuser has received threats and is too scared pic.twitter.com/et5HnhfOJk— Claudia Rosenbaum (@CJRosenbaum) November 2, 2016
“Jane Doe has received numerous threats today, as have all the Trump accusers that I have represented,” said attorney Lisa Bloom. “She is living in fear. She has decided that she is too afraid to show her face. She has been here all day, ready to do it, but unfortunately, she's in terrible fear. So we're going to have to reschedule. I apologize to all of you who came.”
The woman claims the foul-mouthed billionaire repeatedly raped her at parties thrown by since-convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein — a man who was widely known to host parties with young women and girls.
He was also Trump’s longtime buddy.
“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy,’’ Trump said in a New York magazine profile of Epstein before his sentencing, according to the Huffington Post. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”
In 2008, the court convicted Epstein of soliciting an underage girl for prostitution.
Now, the question is why the mainstream media is not giving this case much — or any, for that matter — attention.
Sadly, it all comes down to the anonymity of the accuser.
The plaintiff first filed her lawsuit against the media mogul in California under the name “Katie Johnson.” The case was thrown out earlier this year for failing to state a specific civil rights violation.
Although the case is now in New York, media publications are still shying away from it due to lack of pertinent information on the plaintiff. Accusing someone of child rape is a big step and, since reporters cannot corroborate any of the facts stated in the lawsuit, it is futile — unless the accuser comes forward publicly, of course.
Apart from credibility, there are also some other things that further complicate the matter. For instance, the home listed for sending court notices in the previous case was a foreclosure under a different name.
Meanwhile, if someone is having hard time believing an adult man like Trump could stoop to such disgusting levels, here is a reminder that in 1992, the GOP candidate made lewd remarks about dating a 10-year-old.
A leaked 2005 audio clip also featured him bragging about grabbing and molesting women without their consent.