Hero Dog Saves His Deaf Owner, 13, From Fire

This pup deserve a big 'good boy!' after saving the life of a deaf teenager.

A 13-year-old deaf boy has his trusty dog to thank for saving his life after a fire broke out in the family's Indianapolis home this week.

Ace, a 2-year-old pit bull, licked Nick Lamb's faced until he woke up. That's when Nick, who was home alone, noticed the home filled with smoke. 

I couldn't hear anything because I had my cochlear implants off. ... My dog Ace smelled it," Nick told the Indianapolis Star. "I just wanted to get out."

Nick and Ace both got out of the home safely, but the house sustained $175,000 in damage. 

View Comments

Recommended For You