It Cost UC Boulder $108,000 To Keep Kids From Smoking Weed on 4/20

Boulder kids smoke so much weed that for the past two years, the university has spent over $100,000 each year just to keep students from toking up the Boulder campus.

 

I didn’t go to UC Boulder, but I did go to a college in which a lot of people smoked week. UC Boulder is known as a college in which a lot of people smoke weed. Thus, kids at UC Boulder probably smoke, and pardon if my logic is faulty, hella-days-weed.

Boulder kids smoke so much weed that for the past two years, the university has spent over $100,000 each year just to keep students from toking up the Boulder campus. April 20th, better known as “4/20” is the biggest pot smoking day of the year. There’s a story behind 4/20, but like most stories involving stoners, it’s just not that interesting.

Boulder’s “4/20 smoke-out” was for many years a campus tradition in which several thousand students would take to Boulder’s Norlin Quad and smoke copious amounts of weed together. In the interests of student safety, Boulder shut the party down last year. Doing so was a bit pricy.

Nearly 70 percent of the $100,000 spent went to extra police, security, and other security officials. The other 30 percent also went to supporting the universities police staff because apparently Boulder has the most expensive prima donna cops on the planet.

So there you go, Boulder. This is why you can’t have nice things. 

Carbonated.TV