Man Orders A Glass Of Wine, Served Dishwasher Detergent Instead

by
Jessica Renae Buxbaum
A Spanish man ordered a glass of white wine at a cafe, but instead he was served toxic dishwasher detergent. Was this tragedy an accident or manslaughter?

white wine, Andre Lorente, Wine bar accidentally kills man with glass of dishwasher detergent

A 50-year-old man has died after he was served a glass of dishwasher detergent instead of the white wine he ordered at a Spanish cafe on Sunday.

Andre Lorente ordered a glass of white wine, but his waiter mistakenly served him the industrial cleaner instead, causing him to suffer burns to his throat, windpipe and stomach.

Lorente only took a small sip but immediately began to experience the detrimental effects of the liquid as it burned his insides. Ingesting only a tiny bit of the toxic cleaner can be lethal.

He was taken by an ambulance to a local health center and then rushed to hospital as his condition worsened, where he subsequently died.

The café bar owner was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, released on bail and will appear in court for further questioning, but the untimely death appears to be the result of an unfortunate accident.

The dishwasher detergent was poured into an empty wine bottle and placed inside the fridge. The detergent is colorless and odorless, so neither the waiter nor the customer could tell the difference.

A source involved in the investigation said, "Everything at the moment is pointing towards a tragedy caused by negligence rather than ill-intent."

Read more: Ace Of Cups: A Café Where You Can Order An Exorcism Alongside A Latte

Carbonated.TV