Mitt Romney delivered the most important speech of his life at Republican National Convention in an extremely saccharine tone with a bizarre steamy smile on his face signifying he was always about to explode into tears. It was of course an extremely memorable day for him and his supporters.
Image From: YouTube
His remarkable speech might be really influential for some but the fact that he has also needs to tackle the much harder job of persuading the Americans, who have their faith in President Obama, cannot be ignored.
“That president was not the choice of our party,” he said. “We are a good and generous people who are united by so much more than divides us.”
Watch Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech at Republican National Convention over here:
Mitt Romney while addressing to the nation worked hard to show he has a heart. His speech contains some powerful and memorable quotes.
While addressing his own nation, telling that America has been a story of many becoming one, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness, Romney said:
1. ‘Everywhere I go in America, there are monuments that list those who have given their lives for America. There is no mention of their race, their party affiliation, or what they did for a living. They lived and died under a single flag, fighting for a single purpose. They pledged allegiance to the UNITED States of America.’
He told the nation to put aside the divisiveness and the recriminations:
2. ‘Now is the time to restore the Promise of America. Many Americans have given up on this president but they haven’t ever thought about giving up. Not on themselves. Not on each other. And not on America.’
Image from: YouTube
Romney while asking his nation to stand up and decide said:
3. I’m an American. I make my destiny. And we deserve better! My children deserve better! My family deserves better. My country deserves better!
Image From: YouTube
Confidently talking about the optimism of Americans, he told the nation:
4. ‘We are a nation of immigrants. We are the children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the ones who wanted a better life, the driven ones, the ones who woke up at night hearing that voice telling them that life in that place called America could be better.’
Image From: YouTube
And while telling the Americans to forget about what might have been done and this is time to look ahead to about what can be done, he quoted:
5. ‘What is needed in our country today is not complicated or profound. It doesn’t take a special government commission to tell us what America needs. What America needs is jobs. Lots of jobs.’
You may also take a look at this video highlighting the best moments of Mitt Romney’s Speech at the convention:
Analysts and commentators called Mitt Romney's speech at Republican National Convention "well-delivered" and "steady".
In his speech, Romney bashed President Barack Obama for a 2008 victory speech where he said, "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal." "President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and to heal the planet," Romney said. "My promise is to help you and your family."
One of the major aims of the convention was to introduce himself to voters and humanize his candidacy and that Romney did it pretty well.
Romney talked about how he is going to ease the pain of Americans is going to take them out of their anguish from Obama’s rule!
Romney, during his speech became teary eyed while talking about his mother and father and sharing their story.
"There's an old saying that you campaign in poetry, you govern in prose," Chris Wallace said. "I'm not sure it ever soared into poetry . . . but it was a workmanlike job, and it certainly got the job done."
Testimonials, videos, speeches and stories helped the convention to move forward and end remarkably.
Please login to add to favorites
Already added to favorites
Added as Favorite