Supporters of former Nigerian military ruler Ibrahim Babangida accused the authorities on Tuesday of a witch hunt after the head of his election campaign team was questioned over bomb blasts in the capital Abuja. Raymond Dokpesi, the director of Babangida's campaign for 2011 presidential elections, was questioned by the secret service Monday after last Friday's car bombs near a parade to mark Nigeria's 50th anniversary of independence. The investigation into the blasts, which killed at least 10 people and injured scores more, risks becoming a divisive issue ahead of presidential elections next year in which President Goodluck Jonathan and Babangida are so far the two main rivals. "The president has said let the authorities finish their investigation," Ken Saro-Wiwa, Jonathan's special assistant on international affairs, told Reuters. "Anyone who has who has been invited for questioning has to deal with those questions, because the intelligence is not just coming from Nigeria but from British and U.S. intelligence sources as well," he said. Dokpesi was released without charge late Monday on administrative bail, meaning he could be recalled for further questioning by the State Security Service (SSS), officials said. "We believe this is a political witch hunt. The government of the day is becoming intolerant of the opposition viewpoint," Babangida's campaign spokesman Kassim Afegbua told Reuters.