Forget Nostradamus, there is a new seer on the block whose supporters claim she correctly prophesized many incidents in the recent history — including the emergence of ISIS.
Baba Vanga, a blind Bulgarian clairvoyant, is credited with predicting the 9/11 terror attacks, the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami and the Fukushima nuclear disaster. However, it now appears that she may have also warned of the rise of ISIS decades ago — or at least that is what many people now believe.
The woman, called the “Nostradamus from the Balkans,” died in 1996 at the age of 85, but she reportedly made a chilling prophecy about Muslim extremists invading Europe in 2016. The revered fortune-teller also talked about a “great Muslim war” playing out in Syria where “Muslims would use chemical warfare against Europeans” and establish a caliphate by 2043 in Rome.
As News.com.au reports, Vanga also predicted that Europe will “cease to exist” by the end of next year, following the systematic elimination of entire populations. She said the continent would be “almost empty” and turn into “wasteland almost entirely devoid of any form of life.”
Because we still live in a somewhat superstitious world — and the fact that the mystic seer supposedly has a solid track record — the somewhat disturbing prophesies have sent believers and Islamophobes into a doomsday level panic mode.
The world is already struggling to contain the escalating threat from Islamic State, which is why conspiracy theorists are even more paranoid about these supposed prophesies, particularly those in the West.
Read More: 13 Crazy Superstitions From Around The World
In the 1950s, the Nostradamus of the Balkans allegedly claimed “cold regions will become warm … and volcanoes will awaken.” Apparently, she also warned of a “huge wave” which would “cover a big coast covered with people and towns, and everything will disappear beneath the water.”
More than three decades later, the mystic spoke about “two steel birds” that will attack the “American brethren.” Many believe the old woman was referencing to the 9/11 terror attack on the World Trade Center.
As the story goes, Vanga was blinded at age 12 by some sort of mystery storm after which she experienced her first visions and gained the ability to predict the future — just like a storyline from a movie.
So, what else did Baba Vanga predict correctly?
Well, her believers credit her for foreseeing:
1. The Kursk nuclear submarine disaster
2. Global warming
3. The election of Barack Obama – she predicted the 44th President would be an African American. She also predicted he would be the last US President.
4. World War II
5. The breakup of the Soviet Union
6. East and West Germany's reunification
7. The Chernobyl disaster
8. The conflicts in Syria
Meanwhile, this what we have in store for our future, according to the psychic:
1. China will be a world power by 2018
2. Hunger will be eradicated at some point around between 2025 and 2028
3. The ice caps will be melted by 2045
4. The U.S. will launch an attack on Muslim-held Europe, using a climate-based “instant freezing” weapon
5. Between 2170 to 2256 a Mars colony will gain nuclear weapons, demand independence from Earth
6. We'll have time travel by 2304
7. The Earth will be uninhabitable by 2341
8. By 4674 humanity will have totally assimilated with aliens
And last but not the least,
9. The universe will end in 5079.
Check Out: Unsolved Mysteries Nobody Can Explain