E-Cigarette Blows Up Inside Man’s Pants ‘Like A Firework’

by
editors
“There were sparks and I thought it was fireworks like Fourth of July,” one of his coworkers, John Lee, reported.

A worker at a wine shop at New York City Grand Central Terminal was badly burned after an e-cigarette exploded in his pants.

Otis Gooding, 31, was talking to his coworkers behind the counter when suddenly his e-cigarette went off like a firework, burning his leg and hand, his attorney, Sanford Rubenstein said.

In the startling CCTV footage, Gooding is seen jumping up and down as sparks begin shooting and he desperately tries to remove the device from his pants. Smoke billowed out as he ran away from the view of the camera.

Gooding was rushed to the Weill Cornell Medical Center where he was diagnosed with third-degree burns and is now awaiting surgery.

“There were sparks and I thought it was fireworks like Fourth of July,” one of his coworkers, John Lee, reported.

“Unfortunately there was nothing we could do but call the police,” Lee added. “Otis ran water on himself till the paramedics came. I was traumatized to see someone hurt that way.”

Lee, a former e-cigarette smoker himself, also said the device had been customized.

“I've never seen one that has so much power, it's aftermarket customized so you can change the voltage for high performances," he said.

Read More: Woman's Handbag Blows Up In Smoke From Faulty E-Cigarette
Carbonated.TV