Lawsuits remain among the biggest worries for California businesses. But the Golden State may not be the epicenter for the most outlandish litigation in the country.
Below are Top Ten Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of the year, as ranked by the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform and released Friday.
1. Convict sues couple he kidnapped for not helping him evade police.
2. Man illegally brings gun into bar, gets injured in a fight, then sues bar for not searching him for a weapon.
3. Young adults sue mother for sending cards without gifts and playing favorites.
4. Woman disagrees with store over 80-cent refund, sues for $5 million.
5. Mom files suit against exclusive preschool over child’s college prospects.
6. Man suing for age discrimination says judge in his case is too old.
7. Obese man sues burger joint over tight squeeze in booths.
8. Woman sues over movie trailer; says not enough driving in “Drive.”
9. Passenger’s lawsuit says cruise ship went too fast and swayed from side to side.
10. Mother sues Chuck E. Cheese – says games encourage gambling in children.