Some new guy on Twitter hasn't even tweeted yet, and he's already at nearly 170,000 followers. How did he do it? By following a simple formula: 1) Be the Pope. 2) Join Twitter. Pope Benedict XVI is the latest member of Twitter and the first Pope to join. The Pope's Twitter handle: @pontifex. We're still waiting on his first tweet, and whether or not he will follow anyone (other than himself in other languages). While we wait for the first ever tweet by a Pope, here are some suggestions for his Holiness:
Ten Suggestions For The Pope's First Tweet
- To fit modern times, The Lord now communicates to me in 140 characters or less.
- Cruisin in the Pope-mobile. Don't know why everyone doesn't have one of these!
- Some guy I don't know just brought me caviar. #It'sGoodToBePope
- So excited that #Kate is preggers! Way to wait for marriage! If it's a boy, how about "Benedict?" It's what I named myself!
- I have been advised that Twitter is the way of the future. Nice future. LOL!
- Semper ubi sububi
- Unfollow me right now if you don't want any #Homeland spoilers
- I refuse to work with America until Tim Tebow is someone's starting quarterback.
- In honor of all the Popes who have come before me, and all of the Popes to come. To followers of the Holy Word everywhere. I have one messag
- Just took down the biggest ever burrito #LikeAPope