Gennady Golovkin may not have the international fame of a Manny Pacquiao or the Klitschko brothers, but those who know and follow boxing are well aware that he is just as brilliant at his job – which is to bombard his opponents with knockout punches.
The 31-year-old Kazakh boxer is the current WBA and IBO middleweight champion and has won all 32 of his professional fights. But it's not his unbeaten record that separates him from the rest of his era's greats. It's the fact that he has never been in trouble in any of his fights – and not because he doesn't go chasing trouble. Only three fighters have ever gone the distance with him in his professional career and none since he became a world champion boxer six years ago.
Unlike Floyd, he doesn't counterpunch. But it also doesn't mean his gung-ho style of attack lands him in trouble sometimes, ala Pacman. He has never been knocked down in any of his 375 plus bouts, further proof of his iron chin and hammer fists.
To give you a glimpse of what Golovkin is all about, down below are some of his most vicious knockouts:
1. You come at the King, you best not miss.
2. The power in his left hooks can be see on the face of his floored opponent.
3. His right is no slouch either. Nobuhiro Ishida would confirm that.
4. But if there is anything Marco Antonio Rubio hates about GGG, it has to be his looping left.
5. Body blows don't usually knock people out – unless Golovkin's the one throwing them.
6. Here's another one:
7. His famous three-punch combo:
8. And here's a hook/uppercut combo:
9. Wondering what his straight right looks like? This:
10. And lastly, his nasty, nasty jab: