Adding his weight to the list is 12-year-old Nikolai Kryaglyachenko, one lucky boy who survived being electrocuted. It seems the nightmarish incident left him with some super powers.
To put it simply, Nikolai has become a walking magnet.
Not long ago, he was walking to school when he leaned against a faulty live lamppost and was severely shocked. The charge was big enough to send him flying across the pavement.
He tells it all, "When I came round I felt groggy but managed to get home and told my mum what had happened. When I woke up the next day and got out of bed I found some coins that had been lying on the mattress had stuck to my body. Then when I was having breakfast and dropped my spoon, it stuck to my chest."
Does it make him feel like the Marvel villain Magneto? You bet.
But there is a problem: “I can do things I couldn’t do before but I don’t have a lot of control over it. Even when I do not want to do it, I still attract things. Once I even attracted a glass – it just moved towards me."
Nikolai even claims that he is able to share his power and can influence others so that other people turn into live magnets as well.
So far any claims of human magnetism have just been people with really sticky skins.
Let’s wait and see what, if anything, comes out of this.