Teen Causes $300,000 Fire While Attempting To Kill A Bed Bug

by
A 13-year-old Ohio boy went to great and dangerous lengths to kill a bed bug, resulting in an apartment fire that caused $300,000 in damages.

Young boy shielding his face

A 13-year-old boy tried to completely obliterate a bed bug and set fire to his apartment complex in the process.

According to The Guardian, the unnamed Cincinnati teen doused a bed bug with alcohol and proceeded to light a match Tuesday night

He sparked a serious blaze that displaced eight residents and caused $300,000 in damage.

Luckily, no injuries were reported as a result of this terrible mistake, however, the Red Cross is trying to secure housing for the three adults and five children whose homes were destroyed. 

While we can breathe a sigh of relief that no one was hurt in this accident, we can't help but wonder where this child's parents were and how he had access to matches in the first place. 

Furthermore, it's mind-boggling that he even took such a drastic measure to kill one bug. The only explanation is that he must be deathly afraid of bed bugs.  

Hopefully his neighbors, who were collateral damage in this mess, all find a place to stay before the holidays. 

Banner/Thumbnail Photo Credit: Pexels, Karol D

Carbonated.TV
View Comments

Recommended For You