Heroes come in all shapes and sizes.
A 2-year-old boy was caught on camera saving his twin brother after he got stuck beneath a fallen dresser, proving that siblings are there for each other even when they are young. In the video, Bowdy Shoff can be seen playing with his twin brother Brock near a dresser when suddenly the heavy piece of wood fell on the pair, leaving Brock stuck underneath.
At first, Bowdy tried to lift the dresser. He tried various angles but failed because of the weight. However, he continued pushing the fallen dresser and eventually it worked.
Thankfully neither of the brothers were hurt.
Their father Ricky Shoff posted the surveillance footage on Facebook.
“We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share,” Shoff wrote. “We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock.”
Shoff said he and his wife were upstairs and didn’t hear the dresser fall or any crying.
He said his wife Kayli came back downstairs a few minutes later and saw the dresser on the floor, but the boys were fine, so they didn’t realize what had happened until they saw the video.
Shoff knows that he and Kayli were blessed — as the boys could have been seriously injured in the accident. As evident from the footage, Bowdy used a lot of strength to push the dresser off his brother.
Shoff also tried to highlight the importance of bolted furniture in his social media post.
People congratulated the lucky parents on the miracle.
“OMG, thank you Jesus for giving him the strength n mind to save his brother. God Bless your family,” wrote online user Corrine Regets.
“Amazing Video, brought tears to my eyes! You have amazing twins, happy they are ok!” commented Karren Robinson.
“What a miracle!!! True love between those boys,” remarked Sussane Doyle.
“Thank you for being so vulnerable and sharing something that would be so difficult to share on social media in hopes of helping other parents. No doubt there will be a lot of backlash from people who are have their opinions, but don't let it get you down. So happy your kiddo is okay!!! Thank you for sharing and raising awareness!” wrote Amber Castillo, thanking the parents to share the incident to raise awareness.
Note to parents: The story is most definitely heartwarming, but not everyone is as lucky as these two.
There have been stories of kids losing their lives because of fallen furniture. So, if you have toddlers, make sure to always be alert and, crucially, anchor all heavy furniture to the wall. It just takes a minute for tragedy to occur.
Spot Image Credit: Reuters, Banner Image Credit: YouTube