Here are some instances of strange stuff found inside human bodies that will leave your mind boggling.
In 2007, an 18-year-old woman entered the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago complaining of stomach pains, vomiting and an inexplicable loss of 40 pounds. An X-ray showed a "large, dark mass" which they assumed to be a tumor; when operated upon turned out to be a 10-pound hairball.
72 year old Prax Sanchez was shocked when he coughed and a nail came out of his nose. It happened soon after he had an MRI. Doctors think the powerful magnet in the MRI dislodged the nail. Sanchez said that he has no idea how long the nail had been there since he doesn't remember how it got there in the first place.
A Growing Plant
75-year-old Ron Sveden thought he was suffering from a cancerous tumor growing on his left lung. Imagine his astonishment when the doctors actually found the ‘tumor’ was actually a pea plant sprouting off of his left lung!
Reed Harris wanted to surprise his girlfriend Kaitlin Whipple with an engagement ring hidden in milkshake. Imagine his horror when she finished the whole glass and found nothing. She had swallowed her own engagement ring. Luckily the doctors said there was nothing to worry about and the ring came out the next morning the most natural way.
57-year-old Daryoush Mazarei kept experiencing severe pain after a surgery and no one believed him.
Two years passed and he was compelled to seek psychiatric treatment.
When the problem persisted and the doctors finally put him under a CT scan they found a large object located in his abdomen. After reopening the patient's abdominal cavity, surgeons found a set of 10-inch-long retractors that had been accidentally left inside the man during the last surgery.
Sanju Bhagat of India had forever been blighted by a belly that made him look pregnant. It was ultimately discovered he actually had been pregnant his entire life. Well not pregnant; but he did have a baby in him.
What he actually had was a condition called fetus in fetu where a twin instead of separating inside the womb becomes trapped inside the other one.
An eight-year-old Indiana girl swallowed 30 magnets and steel balls from a toy last month and, her father says, needed emergency surgery to save her from what doctors told him were eight gunshot or stab-like holes in her intestines. Doctors told her father that she is lucky to be alive. She spent two weeks in the hospital but thankfully recovered.
A Vicar turned up to the ER with a potato lodged in his anal cavity, He claimed to have fallen back onto a table while hanging curtains and landing on the offending potato. The embarrassed vicar was adamant that it was not a sex game gone wrong. According to a nurse on duty, “He explained to me, quite sincerely, he had been hanging curtains naked in the kitchen when he fell backwards on to the kitchen table and on to a potato.”
A light bulb
A man in a Pakistani prison woke up one morning with a light bulb stuck in his abdomen.
“When I woke up I felt a pain in my lower abdomen, but later in hospital, they told me this. I don't know who did this to me. Police or other prisoners.”
The undamaged light bulb was removed in an operation lasting over an hour. The doctor who operated upon the inmate said they had to take it out intact. Had it been broken inside, it would be a very, very complicated situation.
Yes, a Buzz Lightyear toy was actually found in a child’s stomach. Apparently, this kid loved his toy so much, that he decided to eat it.