Doctors in Saudi Arabia were left astounded after they found a light bulb in the stomach of a 21-year-old man.
The man went to the emergency department at Prince Saud bin Jalawi Hospital in the eastern al-Ahsa, complaining of severe nausea, abdominal pain, high fever and fatigue.
The doctors carried out a number of examinations and tests. But after the CT scan the doctors discovered a weird object in the man’s stomach.
The patient was immediately taken to surgery, where the doctors found out the object was, in fact, a light bulb, which had been there for at least 11 years.
According to the patient, who later told doctors he had swallowed the light bulb when he was 10 years old.
The operation lasted for an hour and 15 minutes and the patient is now in good health and is expected to remain at the hospital to be monitored for a few days.
The news of the bizarre discovery prompted a lot of reaction online:
@AlArabiya_Eng Guess he had a good idea— Julia Hampel (@FranziskaHammel) April 1, 2017
@AlArabiya_Eng Was it a light lunch— Pete H (@h3pys) April 1, 2017
@AlArabiya_Eng Not the brightest— Shaun Ahern (@ShaunAhern) April 1, 2017
@RT_com Halogen or halal— J (@JoJomorris1) April 2, 2017
Banner and thumbnail credit: Reuters, Ina Fassbender