Sinkholes are terrifying natural disasters that seem to be occurring more frequently lately.
While quite often we see public city streets getting swallowed into the holes, one United Kingdom man’s garden became engulfed by one this week.
Ben Bramley of Ripon, UK took to Twitter on Wednesday to share the shocking phenomenon he was witnessing with his followers, but most initially thought he was kidding.
@BendyPotter that's a wind up right?!— AP (@Pudseypotter) November 10, 2016
@Pudseypotter No, deadly serious. We've been evacuated.— Ben Bramley (@BendyPotter) November 10, 2016
Bramley then shared a photo of his garden as proof of the monstrous hole that forced his family out of the house for the night.
He clearly had a sense of humor about the whole ordeal because he sarcastically captioned the image, “When gardening goes wrong.”
When gardening goes wrong... pic.twitter.com/ynpFwAo94j— Ben Bramley (@BendyPotter) November 10, 2016
People responded with shock and inquired about the state of Bramley’s home. He assured his followers that he and his family were okay, but he described the debacle as an “unconventional day.”
@jen_prest Thank you, been an unconventional day!!— Ben Bramley (@BendyPotter) November 10, 2016
@dkelner A tad close for comfort but we're all fine thanks DK— Ben Bramley (@BendyPotter) November 10, 2016
@Pete_Farries It's intact, all authorities here at the mo'. Don't think we'll be living here for the foreseeable tho'.— Ben Bramley (@BendyPotter) November 10, 2016
The powers that be were definitely with Bramley’s family because that sinkhole was just inches away from consuming their home.